Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Nominated for understatement of the year

As usual, the Weather Channel spares no expense when it comes to placing a member of the team in the direct path of an oncoming hurricane. As Ophelia battered the North Carolina coast, the professor blurts out, "Conditions continue to deteriorate here. We're getting pelted by the rain. If conditions worsen much more, I'm gonna have to find better shelter."

YOU'RE ON THE BEACH. WHAT SHELTER???
Oh, I might add he was broadcasting from Atlantic Beach, NC, and the police had closed off the only bridge inland from that point. Don't think you're finding much shelter, bud!

2 comments:

Sublime said...

Love the idea of a t-shirt that says, "Never underestimate the power of STUPID people in large groups..." I have a magnet on my fridge that says the same thing!! But a t-shirt would be even better!

Take care,
Sublime

Kris said...

Hehehehe...I would love to see an outtake from when he goes flying...
K.