Thursday, January 11, 2007

Lucky? Maybe. Intelligent? NOT!

Upon returning to work today from an unplanned "vacation," I was assured stupidity had not taken a hiatus.
I was making a delivery to a small store, and overheard this dialogue between a customer and the clerk...
CUST: Yes, I'd like a $5 (Instant lottery) scratch-off.
CLERK: OK. Anything else today?
CUST: (long, pregnant pause) Umm... Yeah, let me also have a $1 scratch-off.
(CLERK gives tickets to CUST, and silently waits for payment)
CUST: Now, how much is that going to come to?
(CLERK, baffled, doesn't say anything, assuming CUST would figure out such simple math.)
CUST: (firmly reiterating) How much does that come to???

5 + 1??? Wow. I'm hoping this lady doesn't win any substantial amount of money. She wouldn't be able to properly account for it!

No comments: