Sunday, February 18, 2007

Brain freeze

Due to a major snowstorm that hit Northeastern PA (17" on average) on Wednesday, my company needed to revamp our delivery schedule for the rest of the week.
Yesterday, (Sat.) I was preparing to deliver to a small store that has a history of money problems. Rather than have the order refused because they weren't able to pay, I took the invoice in first to see if they could foot the bill. The store owner met me with angry disbelief. "Why are you guys here today, instead of last Wednesday?" he demanded.
I stared at him, stunned at the obvious lack of intelligence in his question. I couldn't think of anything outside of the realm of sarcasm to say, so, with a deliberate tone, I dripped, "...Because the roads were covered with 17" of snow and the governor declared a state of emergency!"
I don't know if he was surprised by what I said, or if he thought I would sheepishly shrink back. After a brief pause, all he could do was meekly chirp, "...Oh..."

12:00! Time for your lobotomy!

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Maybe it didn't snow over top of his store;-)