Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Heartless beyond belief

I feel for my boss, "Rob." In the midst of the worst flooding northeastern PA has seen in 34 years, Rob has to evacuate his family for the next 2 days. However, amidst all the chaos, he remembered his father-in-law, who's confined to a wheelchair and trapped in his home not far from the raging Susquehanna River. Rob called his brother, who lives about 1 mile from dad-in-law, asking him to pick up dad and take him to his house until Rob got done with work and could take the whole family to safer ground. You know what brother replied?
"Sorry. I don't have the gas money."

...To drive 1 mile??? Why don't you just go ahead and say, "Dad's a burden I can't bear?"

Sadly, at the time of this writing, "Dad's" house is completely inaccessible-- all surrounding roadways are flooded. I pray the Guard can get him out. How can anyone be so cruel?

2 comments:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

sadly I can hear words similar to those coming from people I know.

Kris said...

Yep, me too pc. So sad.

K.