Sunday, September 10, 2006

God love$ me more than you!

Like you're really so important... From AOL news come these excerpts of luck and messed up theology. (Now, I know what you're thinking: "Good for her, and Mr. I, you're just a bit jealous, now, aren't you?" No, it's actually not that at all: I'm just sick of people who attribute every single thing that happens in the universe to the will of whatever cosmic being you may believe in, and I'm tired of folks who hint that God is favoring them over others...)
NEW YORK (Sept, 9) - A woman who won $1 million from a state lottery game four years ago has improbably hit the jackpot again.
Valerie Wilson, who works at a Long Island deli, said she won another $1 million on a lottery scratch-off game last month. "The first time I couldn't believe it," Wilson told Newsday. "This time I said, 'God's on my side.'"
The prize will be paid out in $50,000 installments over 20 years. Wilson said she used her first winnings to help buy homes for her three children. (Well, seriously, that's very nice. I'm glad for her and her children. Until...)
"This one is going to be for me," she said. "I'm going to live a little bit."

Oh, really? Let me educate you a tad, Val.
First, what about when the Bible says, "No one can serve two masters... You cannot serve both God and money." (St. Matthew 6:24) So I guess God really didn't grant you this money for you to blow, eh? Additionally, what do you do about Malachi 3:8 and 10? "Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' In tithes and offerings... Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house." (I'm not necessarily saying give the money to the church; just consider those who truly need some cash...)

Millions of people are living in dire poverty, even within the boundaries of our own nation, but God chose you, huh? I don't think so!

No comments: