Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Nullum Ignoramus

I was in the midst of delivering product to a hole-in-the-wall convenient store in a tiny, rural town today. They have virtually no parking lot, so I had to place my truck in front of the diesel pump while I filled the cooler inside. Lo and behold, Redneck Rudy waltzes in the store and bellows, "Hey, is Canada Dry Dude almost done?"
Normally, I'd offer to move my truck, but not when faced with an intellectual vacuum accompanied with an attitude. (Also, where would I move it to?) Instead, I set down my product, and said to him, "I'll be done soon."
Foxworthy-wanna-be arrogantly quipped, "When?"
Irritated, I shot an apathetic "I don't know."
Not missing a beat, the cranial enigma spat, "How long is 'I don't know'?"

Don't have a strong grasp on the English language, do you, fella?

No comments: