Sunday, February 19, 2006

And now, Dumb Inventions!

I'm sure most of you have seen the 60-second TV ad for Pasta Express, the latest psycho gadget for the kitchen. Here's something that's supposed to make prep of spaghetti so much easier! But wait, and "listen" between the lines. (This isn't word-for-word, but the gist is there...)
"Do you love homemade spaghetti but hate the hassle? Waiting for that big pot of water to boil, and then breaking all that spaghetti in half to make it fit... Now there's Pasta Express!... Just dump in the uncooked spaghetti, and then add boiling water... Pasta Express heats the water perfectly!"

So, in other words, you STILL have to wait around for water to boil first, and then once you add it, it's not hot enough, because Pasta Express heats the water? Thanks, I'll just keep my $19.95 plus S&H! After all, that's what I'm paying to not break my spaghetti in half, which makes it easier for the kids to eat anyway. How truly INconvenient!

No comments: