Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Not easily confused, eh?!

My supervisor's a complete moron, plain and simple.
Today, my department was having a ton of trouble keeping up with the order pickers, partly due to the fact that "Jan" took 2 of my department members out to do other "Non-value added" work. (...It's a business term for work that does not directly contribute to placing the product in the hands of the customers.)
All throughout the day, we got bombarded for "Emergency requests" for garments that I was preparing to place in the hands of the stocker, who would carry the garment to its designated location. The procedure for such a matter is to check the computer for the inventory totals. If a garment is being prepped for a move to its pick location, it will read "Incoming." In such an event, the picker sets aside that order request until the garment is in place.
Apparently, Jan didn't understand this extremely basic point of inventory, because she kept sending us emergencies. Finally, Jan came back to hand me 7 MORE emergencies.
"5 of these are on the stocking line right now. Why are you requesting these?" I voiced.
"Well, they're coming in as negative amounts on inventory," Jan tried to justify.
"Yeah, they're negative because that order has been processed into the system while the garment has not. If you just wait a few minutes, the stuff will be in stock!" I explained.
Jan just didn't get it. "Well, the system says we need it, so that's why I put in the requests."

And thank YOU for creating extra work for me when I'm already behind! D'OH!!!!

No comments: