Sunday, May 21, 2006

A-crap-olypse

I'm gonna get a lot of flack on this post from my wife, but.... As I type this, NBC's special, "10.5: Apocalypse" is airing. Now, generally speaking, I loathe most end-of-the-world/doom-and-gloom movies, mainly because they are so INCREDIBLY unrealistic, it's like reading the "Weekly World News" for the latest on Bat-boy. This latest creation of earth's de-evolution can be summed up by the following exchange...
"Where's the epicenter?"
(After a momentary pause) "Sun Valley, Idaho."
"That's an extinct volcano!"
"Not anymore!"
(Watching the dramatic eruption which spews gas, rock and lava thousands of feet into the air) "It's not supposed to happen like this. Not this fast!"

DARNED STINKIN' WELL RIGHT, BUDDY! That's why I can't stand flicks like this!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention this...
My exact quote to my wife was "Mmmmm...cheesy made-for-TV movie...Ahhhhhhhhhh..."
Makes me want to "spew" something alright!