Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dude, you MUST be trippin'...

Today, I had the distinct "pleasure" of co-delivering soda with "Jake." On one hand, it was nice to have an extra pair of hands on board, because I had a heavy work-load, but on the other hand, it was Jake.
Jake is a young, EXTREMELY brash, spastic, non-stop babbler. My other co-workers, Pat and "Randy" kidded with me today that I'd need some extra-strength Advil at the end of the day. ...Only they weren't exactly kidding. Truthfully, I think Jake may have ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) and often makes a big mess of things by irritating folks around him, simply by being himself. (For example: he often emits a high-pitched scream at random for no apparent reason, talks with a fake southern accent and thinks it's hilarious, and cannot do simple math to save his life. He also frequently forgets where stores are located and fails to make deliveries.)
Today, he was rambling on and on and on, and suddenly began yawning. He quizzed, "Hey, you know what it means when you yawn?" Stupidly, I answered, "Yeah, your body is slightly depleted of oxygen." Importantly, Jake boasted, "Specifically, it means your brain needs oxygen when you think too much. That's my problem. I think a lot, and I guess I'm thinking too much today."

Oh, come ON.

Here, dude, I got a gallon jug of Nyquil with your name on it...

No comments: