Thursday, October 05, 2006

Dumb everyday phrases, revisited

"I've been tearing my hair out all day..."
Spoken when verbalizing frustration. But how many people do you see actually tearing their hair out when having a bad day? You think that really would make you feel better? "Ah, yes. I was so completely agitated by what was going on that I decided to replace emotional pain with physical pain. Do you think I could donate this stuff to 'Locks for Love?'"

I can hear it now, in a future conversation with my kids. "Daddy, why are some people bald?"
"Well, son/daughter, you see, that's because they have a lot of hardship in their lives, so they tore all their hair out."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, hair pulling is an excellent way to relieve tension, and is taught as a form of therapy in all Massage therapy programs...no joke.

The fascia on your scalp can become so tight and restrictive it can actually cause tension headaces.

Now, actually pulling your hair out is a bit crazy...but whatever works.

Just thought you'd like to know.

L - RMT

Asaph's Table said...

Did not know that!
Remind me to avoid masseuses at all costs.