Monday, October 17, 2005

ANNOUNCING THE FIRST "STUPIE" AWARD!

Upon my 100th post, or the end of this month (whichever comes first) I will be handing out the first STUPIE award to the most inane thing spoken amongst the many listed on this blog. I have selected a few nominations. I am requesting input from you, my good friends and readers. Simply post a comment on any post from here on out, choosing your fave to receive the STUPIE!
(Winners will receive a cassette tape of a looped recording of Nelson from the Simpsons saying, "Ha- ha!" Emblazoned on the j-card will be the inscription "People Say Stupid Things." thanks to my official Sharpie pen.)

The nominees for the first-ever STUPIE are, in no particular order...
"Philadelphia's a lot closer to PA than NJ is." --Stop at the Exxon, 8/31
"..Since you've accepted [the gospel tract], now you have to read it or you WILL go to hell." --blitzkrieg Evangelism, 10/4
"That [graphic] should read 'cloudy.' My computer left off the 'W.'" --Hukt on foniks, 9/23
"[Bart's] in the bathroom." "What's he doing?" --Requesting too much information, 10/17
"What's the number for the operator?" --Can you say... Duuuuuuh?, 8/18
"You're pregnant? Really? But you weren't last year!" --Eternal fetal syndrome, 9/10

Thanks for participating and voting for the STUPIE!


4 comments:

Ritmeyer said...

Ummmmm, wow. Stupid people are funny, thank goodness they are around.

I came here because you wish to have teleporting skills too.

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

"That [graphic] should read 'cloudy.' My computer left off the 'W.'" --Hukt on foniks, 9/23

That's my vote. I still laugh when I read it.

Sublime said...

Thanks for the number picks at The Big Q today! Your one of the people who's numbers I'm going to play.

If I win, I promise to wear a t-shirt with your blog address on it when I go accept the check...lol.

Take care,
Sublime

Kiki said...

I vote for "Philadelphia's a lot closer to PA..."