Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Extremely awkward segue

Our local public radio station is having a pledge drive in an all-too-regular attempt to solicit funds for programming support. Often, the emcee(s) paint a doom-and-gloom scenario about how so many programs that they feature are at risk of being cut because there's not enough cash to continue airing them. Today, the first emcee was talking to the second about how much one can learn from National Public Radio...
"You know what I learned from NPR today? I found out that "Wilma" is the last named hurricane this year, and if there are any other tropical storms, they'll have to start using letters from the Greek alphabet."
Emcee #2 blurts out, "Yes, that's true. I wish we had problems like that here at WVIA..."

"I cant, I can't think anymore; it hurts!" --Uncle Billy Bailey on "It's A Wonderful Life"

Don't forget to cast your vote for the winner of the first STUPIE award! The list of nominees are posted on 10/17...

No comments: