Thursday, October 27, 2005

Bart cain't count, neither

(INTERJECTION #1: "Bart" is a diehard redneck. Not a cowboy. Not a wrangler. A certunfied, blue-blooded good-ol' REDNECK.)
Near the end of my work-day, Bart came back to where I was working, and notified me that my boss "Jan" wanted to move me to a different department for the rest of the day. He said, "I think we're OK. We're like 20 orders ahead of the pickers."
(INTERJECTION #2: Our orders are numbered by 10's and end in the digit "1.")
I said, "Actually, we're 12 ahead. I just checked 5 minutes ago."
"Naw, we've got to be more than that. They're doing order #3971."
"Right," I noted, "And I'm working on #4091."
"We're farther ahead than that!" he defied.
I showed Bart the order I was doing.
"I must have miscounted where the pickers were at," he muttered.
...Moments later, I was working in the picking department, and Bart sauntered up.
"Yeah, see? We're farther ahead than 12. Look at all the orders on the shelf!"
"Yes," I informed him, "And half of them are ahead of where we're at!"
"No it isn't," he contradicted, and started counting the orders.
"Why are you counting that wave?" I mused.
"Because it's #4251!"
"Right," I countered,"And you're on #4091! You can't count a wave that we haven't gotten to yet!" I placed my hand on the shelf where #4091 was. "You only count the orders that precede that number! See, 1,2,3...12!"
Bart vacantly stared, (I've seen that look on his face before! When was that? Oh, yeah, the hat!) turned, and bumbled away, muttering, "I KNOW we're farther ahead than that."

This is the man who once claimed that he didn't need a college education, because he was so knowledgeable!

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Looks like he's failing in math too! Time to send a note home to his parents requesting an interview. He may need to be held back a grade! LOL.

I know that there is one in every work place, it just seems that some are a bit more.....blond than others.