Thursday, October 27, 2005

Bart's got his beer goggles on

At work today, "Bart" and I got ready to begin our duties. Suddenly, he noticed a someone's hat (part of our uniform) on top of a rack of garments.
"Did you leave your hat here last night?" he asked me.
(Mind you, I'm wearing my hat.) "No," I replied.
"You sure?" he inquired, looking at me with a confused look.
I tipped my hat, and assured him, "Yeah, I'm sure."
Bart's cognitive faculties were still not functioning. "You sure that's not your hat?"
I deliberately waved my hat and said, "Yes, I'm pretty sure, since I've got my hat on!"
Still not completely convinced, Bart blankly stared at me for a moment, then gazed back at the other cap and said, "Oh. It's just that this one looks a lot like yours."
A UNIFORM hat.

Mind you, mentally speaking, Bart's not the most sure-footed of steeds in the pasture.

Could this win a future STUPIE? Don't forget to vote for your nominee posted on 10/17! The winner will be announced shortly!

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

LOL!!!!! Some days it must feel like you are working in a pre-school. Ok "Bart"....can we count how many hats we need for our head? How many hats are needed to complete my uniform? Can you say one Bart? I won't ask you how to spell hat Bart....you'll learn that in a few years when you're in a higher grade.