Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's my hymn and I'll cry if I want to...

The dumbing-down of America has apparently extended to the church... Check out excerpts from this AP story:
A church pastor called deputies to remove 16 congregants who refused to stop singing as he tried to begin his sermon, according to a sheriff's report.
Pastor [N] reported a disturbance... to the Charlotte County (FL) sheriff's office when the group would not allow the... service to continue.
All 16 church members were issued trespass warnings and left the property without incident...
"Many things are wrong in the church," [one congregant] told deputies. "We don't want him to be the pastor."
[N] declined to comment to reporters Monday.
"I don't have much to tell you, just that we are preaching the word here," he said.
[One congregant] said she and the other 15 who received warnings will attend a different church...

"Oh, yeah? Well, it's my pulpit. Get out! Nyah-nya-nyah-nya-nyaaaah-nyaaah!"

No comments: