Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Get the idea!

Here's proof of yet another business organization that doesn't understand that using automated dialing services is a huge waste of money...
The phone rang. I unwisely answered after seeing a number I didn't recognize on the Caller ID. A recorded message came on, informing me I may be eligible for "an exciting offer for a new rural home loan!" I laughed, because as I have previously shared, we aren't homeowners. I decided to call back, since it was a local number, to let them know who they have offered their services to.
RECEPTIONIST: Thank you for calling Smackers Home Loan Mortgage Confederation*! How may I help you?
MR. I: Yes, I just received a recorded message from your business offering me a home loan...
R: Yes?
MR. I: This is public housing. Obviously, I am not qualified to get a home loan!
R: ....Oh! (Recovering) I'm very sorry. We use an automated teleservice to place our calls.
MR. I: Yes, and obviously, it's a huge financial drain on your company, because who knows how many people like me you'll contact!

Sometimes, it's a whole lot of fun being undeniably right.
*-Name of company changed to protect them from further ridicule and embarrassment

No comments: