Thursday, November 10, 2005

Kids aren't that dumb

An annual event in my neck of the woods is an annual Christmas parade, which always takes place in early November. (Figure that one out. Here's a hint: the main sponsor is a rich department-store owner/tycoon.) I heard an ad on the radio for it at work, and, while not word-for-word, this was the gist of it...
"The Scranton area Jaycees proudly present the annual Santa Parade! It'll be fun for the whole family, featuring face-painting, 10 full-size parade balloons, local and regional marching bands, blah blah blah, and of course, Santa will be there! US Postal Service carriers will be collecting letters for Santa along the parade route!"

"Hey, Mommy. If Santa's here, why do I have to give my letter to one of these psychos? Can't I just hand it to Santa?"

Good luck explaining that one, parents.

No comments: