Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Welcome to Walmart. How may you help me?

My wife ("Mish-mash mousse") went to Walmart to buy a Christmas present for me today. (No, I don't know what it is!) She apparently found the item in a large bin, price clearly marked, near the registers. So then she goes to check out. The cashier went to scan the item, but it had no SKU tag. So she asked my wife, "Do you know how much this item is?"
MMM: Well, it was right in that bin over there, so I think it's probably X dollars.
C: Um, do you know what department that is?
MMM: Sorry, I don't but it was in that bin right there.
C: Gee, I don't know. (Looking over to next register) Hey Bob! Do you know how much this item is?
B: No, what department is it from?
(Finally, C gets the idea to go over to the bin to make sure like items are in it. But, instead of doing the obvious and grabbing another thing with a SKU, she wanders back to the register and...)
C: OK, now I have to figure out how to override the system so I can enter the department and price...

"Can I please have a CSM at register 3 for a brain scan?"

No comments: