Sunday, January 22, 2006

Dumb dumb dumb dumb DUMB!

The hockey game I just recently attended was horrific. The only good thing about it was I had front-row seats. The home team wasn't that good, taking on the best team in the league, and to complicate matters worse, the referee was so dreadful, I don't know how he ever got a job doing what he does. But, bottom line, it's just a game. The crowd was getting increasingly surly with each dreadful penalty call that was made. Finally, things came to a head when the ref ejected one of the home players from the game after that player argued an exponentially terrible call.
In the midst of the fans booing, hissing and shouting obscenities-- in the presence of many small children, I might add-- one fan three rows above me ripped a page out of his game program and threw it at the referee. The wadded up paper lightly tapped the ref's skate. The fan screamed, "There, you @#&*-ing moron! How did THAT feel?"

Hey, bud, thanks for your contribution. I'm sure it made the ref think twice about the way he was handling the game, threatened his ability to skate, and it also was a great aid in helping the ushers find you in order to carry you off the premises!
As I've said before, some people take sports WAY too seriously!

No comments: