Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Umm, sorry. My Rolex has stopped.

My wife and I watched (perhaps the last) Dick Clark's Rockin' New Year's Eve this past weekend. As most of you know, Mr. Clark was in rough shape, having suffered a stroke last year. While he did an admirable and courageous job, Ryan Seachrist (of American Idol "fame") did most of the emceeing. Upon returning from a commercial break about a half-hour before midnight, Ryan piped, "We still have a lot more ahead for you, including the dropping of the ball, which will take place shortly after midnight."

Ah, yes, that must have been the lesser know "second-cousin" ball, which lags behind the other one several minutes, just in case you were in the bathroom or something when midnight strikes...

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Yes, that (the later ball drop) must be the one meant for me. My reputation of running late for everything has gotten out. The school bus driver must have tipped them off.