Wednesday, January 04, 2006

World record set for shortest attention span

Today at work, I was awaiting the arrival of a truck carrying our daily shipment of garments from our main factory. The Truck finally began to pull up to the bay door. Though it was closed, I could see the change of light through the crack at the bottom. Anyway, I opened the door and saw the truck was still about 10 feet away, since the driver had to open the lock securing the goods inside the trailer. I looked to my right where the delivery entry was, about 50 feet away, and saw the trucker there. I called, "Hold on, I'll be right there to let you in."
"OK," he responded with a slight wave.
I started walking over to let him in. No sooner had I taken 3 steps when he started ringing the doorbell. Repeatedly. Obnoxiously. I quickened my pace, and opened the entry door, looking at the driver incredulously.
He seemed stunned. After an awkward pause, he muttered, "Oh... Was that you over there?"
Guardedly, I slurred, "Yessss..."
Again, a look of astonishment painted the driver's face. "Sorry," he said. "I didn't see you there."

So who did you think you were waving to, the Rose Bowl Parade???

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

He probably couldn't distinguish the difference between an actual person speaking to him and the voices in his head that usually do.