Saturday, March 11, 2006

3rd today: Bird-brain marketing

In Wally's World today, my wife and I were handed a free sample of Dial Body Wash. One of the packets was designed for men. At home, I took a look at the package, to find out if I'd really use this product. The slogan, "The Ultimate Clean Without Drying Skin" was simple and effective enough, but then the details got just plain weird...
"The Problem: Is it possible to remove odors and get skin really clean without drying skin?"

Isn't that the whole reason for bathing???

"The Result: Smooth skin and a really fresh, clean feeling."

NEWS FLASH: while a clean feeling is important to men, smooth skin is not!

"Other Good Stuff: Rich, foamy lather that rinses clean.

Hey, we're bathing, not shaving with this stuff!

"How to use: (like I need instructions!) 1) Squeeze gel onto washcloth, sponge, pouf, hands...Whatever. 2) Lather up. 3) Rinse off.

1) "Whatever"??? What do you put this stuff on, freaky marketing guy??? 2) Duh! 3) No, I'm gonna step out of the shower and go to work with this crap all over me!

2 comments:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Why would they even bother to put instructions on something for men?!Men don't read the instructions! They don't read instructions and NEVER stop to ask for directions when lost. It's a known fact. I wonder what braniac thought instructions on body wash would be helpful.

Asaph's Table said...

Hey! I ask for directions when lost! ...Which has only ever happened twice in my life, I think...