Monday, March 20, 2006

Numbskull newsmen at work

Today, WNEP-16 (local ABC affiliate) led off their newscast with the story of a fire that destroyed a home, leaving 2 families homeless.
STUPIDITY TANGENT: When interviewed, one of the victims had this to say about his experience...
"I woke up and my neighbor was pounding on the door yelling, 'Fire!', and I didn't know what was going on. So I run downstairs and went outside, and as I went through the front doorway, I see this wall of flames just to my right, and I'm like, (in a Mr. Bill voice) 'Oh, no!'"

Lemme tell you, if I exited a building and a raging inferno was inches from me, I wouldn't be thinking, Oh, no!I'd be thinking, Oh, ________!!!!!!!!!"

ANYHOO, the true stupidity shone through when reporter Bob Reynolds questioned the neighbor across the street. Seems he had a security camera on his front porch, and captured an arsonist in action...
MAN: I gave the police the tape, and I'm glad it's in their hands now. I hope they catch this guy.
REYNOLDS: And why is that?
MAN, after a double-take,incredulously: For the safety of the community, of course.

Of course, what this man really wanted to say was, "What, are you a complete doofus, Bob?"

2 comments:

Christi said...

It never fails to amaze me how they can find the biggest idiot in town to interview when something happens. It seems to me like it's especially common in the south, but I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Maybe we just have more idiots down here to choose from!

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

They may have "more" idiots (reporters with brilliant questions) down their, but Canada is the one running the idiot factory that churns them out!