Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fresh-brewed stupidity first thing in the morning

Every morning at work, we start by having an update on our numbers, the daily attack plan, etc... This morning's intelligence deficiency occurred in two parts, just seconds from each other, as Jan covered our quarterly Customer Satisfaction Index. Our clients had provided us with feedback and conveyed how many of them were pleased with the products and services we gave them. Most areas were good...
"Correct garments received, 99.6%... Packaging, 92.8%..."
Then, I was flabbergasted when Jan unleashed the next statistic having to do with emblems being placed on the shirts in the correct spot and with the durability required by the customers.
"Trim application, 84.1%. Not bad," she quipped.

NOT BAD? You mean to tell me that a whopping 16% of our garments either had the emblems in the wrong place, or weren't fastened correctly? And that's GOOD??? Boy, have we let our standards slide or what!

Following the indicator of eventual corporate doom, "Cathy," one of the ladies in special operations (the department that applies the emblems) raised her hand and asked, "Excuse me, Jan, but what's 'Trim Application'?" I gawked at her incredulously, and then audibly heard my thoughts from our auditor
, "Margie."

"It's what you do ALL day!!!" she blurted.

I lost it, burying my head in my hands to conceal my laughter.

Not a good tone by which to set the rest of the day to, is it?



No comments: