Friday, March 24, 2006

Wow. This took some GALL!

Over the course of the past 3 weeks or so, I and the others in my department at work (Al, Sam and Joe) have gotten completely fed up with our counterpart-- or, should I say, useless part-- Bart. He is everything a team player is not. He never aids anyone else with their tasks, even when asked; he purposely does things to make work harder for the rest of us; and, he's as lazy as all get out, milking time and tasks for all they're worth. (Problem is, he gets away with it, because somehow, he's become Jan's little pet, and can do no wrong.) When one of us ask for a hand from Bart, he arrogantly replies, "I'm busy" or "I've got stuff to do." Today, we agreed as a group to exercise the law of returns upon our redneck rebel.
We staged a strike of sorts: no matter how busy Bart got, none of us would offer assistance. Today, Bart was working on the shipping line. Normally speaking, the person who is pulling boxes from the back to relay to the stocker would be the one who lends a hand to the shipper. Sam was in that role today. Apparently, right before our morning break, Bart got hammered with a heavy workload. After the bell for break rang, Bart, Sam, Joe and Al all headed outside for a smoke. Indignantly, Bart approached Sam and asked, "Are you pulling today?"
Sam informed him, "Yes."
Bart then mustered up his moxie (although that's not the word I would use, but for the sake of the readership...) and ranted, "You're supposed to come up and help me!"

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
Oh, yeah, "I'm busy!"

1 comment:

Kris said...

GOod for you all! I hate lazy ass co-workers...I'll spare you the details!

K.