Thursday, March 23, 2006

Where Would Jesus Be Deported To?

When I got home from work and logged on, this crazy news story from AOL greeted me...

Now, I'm formerly an ordained minister, and am quite well-learned in regards to Bible passages, customs, traditions and history; so, I'm sorry, Hil, but I fail to see the correlation between Jesus and the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Jesus grew up under the rule of a foreign world power and traveled only between Roman provinces. The US has a border patrol, concerns with national security, regulations regarding visas, green cards, et. al. The Good Samaritan also traveled along a route well known and used by Jew and Samaritan alike.
Plainly, this is one reason why politics and religion don't mix.

Although "Dubya" has unleashed many verbal blunders of his own, (and where I once was one of his staunch supporters-- no more) this faux pas makes it clear to me that Ms. Clinton would NOT be a fitting candidate for President. Hopefully, saner minds will prevail.

No comments: