Monday, March 27, 2006

Service with a brain seizure

As I mentioned before on this blog, buffet restaurants are such a mixed blessing...

This evening, my family and I treated ourselves to dinner out (The state tax refund came in!) and we went to the buffet, mainly because we know everybody, including our finicky kids, will eat a good meal. My wife went up to the food bar to fill her plate, when she spotted a pre-teen with a plateful ahead of her. The boy had just finished getting an item when one of the food-prep servers (who, BTW, had a major shag do and no hairnet!) walked up with an apathetic swagger and knocked the plate, which was sitting on the edge of the bar counter, onto the floor. Food was everywhere. The slow-witted adolescent looked down at the pile on his feet and the floor and mumbled, "Oops. Did I just do that?"
The stunned customer doted, "Yeah..."
Server looks down again, then at the kid. "Did you just put that food on there?"
"Yeah!" the agitated consumer stated.
Server looks down, slowly bends over and grabs a large piece of steak in his bare hands. "Was this your meat?"
"Yes!"
Moment of silence. Then server, with meat still in his paw, drawls, "Uh, were you done with that?"

No, now that you've blessed it with your grubby touch, I'm gonna take it to my table and eat it!

I was SO glad I had already gotten all my food before this incident...

No comments: