Thursday, July 20, 2006

A rupture in the space-time continuum?

I'm due to get a recertification for my PA Department of Transportation medical card. All commercial drivers must hold a valid DOT med card. To meet this need, I need to go to an outpatient facility for a full physical exam. My boss set up an appointment for me for 9:45 this morning. Now, I was on the road, making deliveries, so the plan was to make some stops, go to the appointment, and then complete my route. I called the medical office at 8:30 to confirm my appointment. The receptionist was puzzled. "Ohh... We have you penciled in for 8:35. Can you make it?"
"No, I'm 30 miles away," I protested.
"Umm, I see. ...Well, can you be here in 15 minutes?" Miss No-help quizzed.
I couldn't believe my ears. "No! I'm thirty miles away from you. How am I supposed to make it in 15 minutes?"
Now her tone changed. She tattled, "Well, we're going to have to change your appointment to tomorrow then."
"Wait a minute," I interrupted. "How did my appointment get changed from 9:45 to 8:35?"
"OH, I DUNNO!" she drawled.

You bet you dunno! You also don't understand the laws of physics. I'd either have to "beam" over to the office, or drive at least 120 MPH to get there! What do you think I'm driving, the space shuttle???

No comments: