Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Who's the boss, part 2

I made a delivery to the same store I mentioned in my May 31 posting. The day had been tremendously hectic, and I took note of the invoice for this store that receiving hours were 9-11 AM or 1-3:30 PM. Since it was 3:05, and I still had 2 stops to go, I went out of my way to come here. As I started unloading the truck, the owner (of foreign heritage), who has well-established that he enjoys being a jerk, met me and said, "Why you here so late? I cannot take delivery now. Too late."
I had had a very hard day, and was in no mood to put up with shenanigans. "Excuse me???" I demanded. "What do you mean, 'too late?' It's 3:10!"
"Yes," he smirked, "We stop receiving at 2:00."
I wanted to kick his Eastern teeth in. "Look, it says here on the invoice, '9-11 or 1-3:30.' This is what I go by. If you're going to change the hours, you'll need to call the business office. I cover a lot of territory, and I'm not gonna bend over backwards for any one particular store."
The Jerk asked, "Where is that time on the invoice?" I pointed right to it, and said, "Right here." Suddenly, selective blindness struck the owner. "Where? Where? I don't see!"

Do you not see my finger pointing to the little numbers? ...Apparently not!

Hey, buddy, someone's on the phone for you. It's the Cranial Rectosis Hall of Fame! You're in!!!

No comments: