Monday, July 24, 2006

What, does nobody eat here???

Today, as I often do, I had to attempt to deliver sodas to a restaurant that my co-"worker" "Jake" failed to last week. (This is a regular occurrence. Jake either chooses to not make certain deliveries, or his brain short-fuses and he forgets to... Anyway...) The business was called "Tony's Family Restaurant." I arrived at 1:45, unloaded the cases off the truck, took notice of the hours of operation on the front door, which was 7 AM to 11 PM, and hauled in the order... And was greeted by, "What are you doing here?"
A bit dumbfounded, I responded, "Um, I have a delivery for you."
The owner said, "Why are you here today?"
"My other driver failed to make this stop last week, so I'm bringing it now," I explained.
The man shook his head emphatically. "You'll have to come back Wednesday. I have no money now!"

What??? You've been open for 6 1/2 hours, and you have nothing to show for it??? ...Come to think of it, there isn't anyone else here in this joint...

"Tony's Family Restaurant: Now serving meals 1 day per week (Wednesday.)"

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

what did he do with the money to pay for it from the week before?