Monday, July 10, 2006

WIC: Wack-jobs, Idiots and Clods

We had our quarterly visit to the WIC office this afternoon for recertification of continued eligibility for benefits for our youngest child, age 2. Many years of personal experience have proven that most WIC employees aren't the swiftest of intellect. For example...
As per custom, WIC needs verification of family income, so it's always important to bring pay stubs from my job. However, this time, the receptionist just blandly barked at my wife, "Documents?"
"Documents?" Mish-mash quizzed. "What the heck are you asking for?"
"Did you bring pay stubs?" the gal condescendingly blurted.
"Yes," MMM replied, and handed them to her.
A pregnant pause filled the room as the WICcer handled, but did not unfold, the stub. With wonder, tempered with confusion, she voiced, "So what is your income?"

Nature-- and I, too-- abhors a vacuum!

3 comments:

mish-mash mousse said...

I hate dealing with gov't agencies. They always seem to be run by idiots!

Sariah said...

Ugh. WIC is definitely the worst. I only keep going because we really need the benefits. But I'm so tired of the idiots that work there.

Anonymous said...

You should only be "trained" by the State to do those jobs and you would not be so quick to call us the idiots, . . .but I'd have to say I've been there long enough to see my co-workers be or act as if they are handing vouchers like it was their money, . . .then if you had to deal with the so called "intelligent" or "educated" clients that cannot remember when to pick up their vouchers, . . .or expect this paper trail to only take 10 minutes of their time when there is such an influx of needy people, . . .maybe you don't need the help, duh.