Thursday, April 20, 2006

...And you're a retail manager??

I'm enjoying my new job as a beverage delivery driver. There ARE the occasional moments of stupidity, however...
Today, my trainer "Jerry" and I stopped at a chain drug store. Jerry warned me that the manager here wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. We looked at the invoice, and saw they were only receiving a single case of 2-liters. (In case you didn't know, 2-L's always come in cases of 8 each, which is very plain to see.) We saw the manager, and she went to check in the miniscule order. This store checks in everything by piece count instead of case count. She entered in the case with her scan gun, paused, and asked us, "OK, how many pieces?"

A multi-billion dollar company, and you can't effectively check in one single case??
Boy, I'd hate to see the books this place keeps...

No comments: