Sunday, April 09, 2006

Oh, you MUST be joking.

As a home educator, my wife often receives many product and service offers from numerous educational companies via the mail. Yesterday, a huge packet filled with 3x5 cards toting the latest from these organizations was delivered. I began to sift through the cards, separating offers which may someday be of interest to us from complete junk. I got a gigantic laugh out of how pathetic some of these "latest and greatest" items truly were, as they seek to dominate the Christian sub-culture scene. (My wife and I call this "marketing Jesus.") One card in particular made me shake my head in complete bewilderment. It featured a book by Vision Publishers, and it read:
IMMODESTY and what to do about it.
*
Break free from the endless trap of the fashion world!
*Be informed about what the Bible has to say about personal appearance.
*Study questions make this a great book for self-guided Bible study!
The book title: "What Shall the Redeemed Wear? An in-depth look at what the Bible says about appearance, with study questions! 'You're not wearing that are you...?!'"


Oh, yes, by all means, PLEASE, let's add legalism and the Christianese liguistics to plain common sense, because apparently, the obvious isn't enough! What a sad, sad commentary on the dumbing down of America-- even as a direct result of the Church!

Beware. Stupidity is everywhere!

2 comments:

benning said...

Are undies with holes in them okay?

Hmmmm....

JamesG3 said...

Ha! I was just in a friends home and noticed this book on their coffee table. I didn't know whether to laugh or puke.

I laughed, it's not as messy.