Thursday, April 13, 2006

Kick 'em while they're down!

Before divulging this little tale, I must pass on the news that I am starting a new job on Monday, THANK THE LORD! Therefore, I must go other places for my (nearly) daily dose of stupidity. Bart, R. I. P.
We have been working boucoup overtime lately, due to the fact that we have more orders coming in than we can ship out. On a normal day, our facility ships out about 22,000 garments. On a really good day, we can put out about 27,000. Our order backlog has climbed up to 46,000 pieces, and our bosses have been working us to death the past couple of days. This morning at our update, our plant manager reported that we shipped out 29,500 pieces Wednesday, but our backlog had only gone down by 700 garments. The PM then puffed out his chest and said, "We're going to have to pick up the pace if we're going to get this backlog down, people..."

Gee, thanks loads for your inspiring back-lashing. I'll fondly remember the psychological beatings... And the stupidity... And the appalling lack of quality leadership... And yes, maybe even Bart. ...A little...

No comments: