Friday, December 23, 2005

The blind leading the helpless

Sometimes I wonder how long my job will exist, especially with the cranial fog leading us...
My supervisor Jan was looking for a specific uniform emblem. Since part of my duties are to stock such materials, she asked me about it. I don't have a problem with that, but I do have a problem with how quickly the conversation deteriorated.
JAN: Did you stock any emblems today?
MR. I: Yeah, early this morning...
JAN: When?
MR. I: First thing. It was quarter after 5.
JAN: Where are they?
MR. I, not believing what my ears have heard: In their proper locations!
JAN, not believing I had given her a literal answer: Oh... (long pause, accompanied by a vacant stare)

I can hear Butthead's voice now... "Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhh, huh-hhh-h-huh!"

You know, It wouldn't have been the last work day before Christmas without some kind of mental fiasco. Merry Red and Green day. (For those who don't get it, read PerpetualChocoholic's blog...)

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

Merry Christmas to you, Mish Mash Mousse and your family! Hope that it's a joyous and peaceful one and that you aren't confronted with too many stupid people for at least this day! Enjoy!