Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Lacking common $en$e

My wife took the kids to the local dollar store today (bold letters to drive home a point) so they could buy some gifts for family members. While there, my wife heard the following exchange between an older (but not elderly) couple as they were buying things for-- apparently-- their granddaughter...
MRS, holding up an item: What do you think of this?
MR, tone of apathy: Well, I don't know...
MRS: Why? What's wrong with it?
MR: How much is it?
MRS: It's a dollar, dear.
MR, hesitantly: Well, ...I don't know. There's no price on it!
MRS, patiently: It's a dollar. Everything in this store's a dollar.
MR: Well, I'm still not sure... I'd better go ask someone how much this is.

Yeah, you do that buddy. And while you're at it, ask the clerk what name is listed on your driver's license.
DEDUCTION: This man does NOT have a future with the IRS or the US Treasury.


1 comment:

Christi said...

Ahh, the joys of the Dollar Store! Makes me want to go there right now.