Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ask the expert

Yesterday, I made a beverage delivery to a local convenient store. Because of problems at the bottling plant, we haven't been able to send most of our 20-ounce bottles of soda to our customers. In the usual case of "Don't shoot the messenger," I often get the brunt of complaints when a delivery doesn't arrive complete; but I'm not a salesman or a counselor!
As I entered the store, the manager jumped on me immediately. "Did you bring us our Sunkist and A&W Root beer?" she interrogated.
"No," I deflected, "We're really not sure when we'll get them in."
She pointed to the empty slots (where these sodas would normally go) in the cooler, and sputtered, "What do you suggest I do with that???"

Hey, don't look at me, it's not my store!

1 comment:

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

throw in some cans of beer instead. happy customers, nice suprise, especially if they're teens.