Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Stupid does as stupid says

One moment of stupidity deserves another...
Today, during my deliveries, I needed to fill a vending machine. As usual, I took my key ring, (which has keys to both the truck and the machine,) opened the machine, set the keys on the inside ledge, and filled up the machine. The proprietor of the business where the machine sat struck up a conversation with me, and when I had finished placing bottles in, I closed the door, turned the handle, and locked it.
...And the second I did, I muttered, "Oh, CRAP!" Yep, locked the keys in the machine.

Stupid does.

The owner of the shop, immediately after I had groaned my regret, asked, "What, did you just lock the keys in the machine?"
"Yep," I answered in a feeble tone, partly because I was kicking myself, and partly because I knew what the next thing out of this dude's mouth would be.
"Well, can't you get them out???"

Stupid says!
(BTW, I called the office, and one of the maintenance men came and liberated me from my prison of unwittiness.)

1 comment:

Local Musician said...

Remember Nelson from "The Simpsons"?
Ha-Ha!